2011/5/16 Grant Slater <openstreet...@firefishy.com>:
> On 16 May 2011 14:54, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there an informal policy? If I am displaying an OSM based map, am I
>> generally entitled/allowed to use the logo ("OSM inside") in my
>> application / on my website?
>>

> Sounds ok to me, you are promoting OpenStreetMap. What would not be
> cool is claiming (or misleading) that your app/website/etc _IS_
> OpenStreetMap or endorsed by OpenStreetMap.
>
> Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and I do no represent OSMF.

Yes, also to me it "feels" OK, but I think the best would be to get an
official statement from OSMF when and how the logo can be used,
because I think that it is good to encourage the use of the logo, but
commercial users would not risk to use the logo if there is no formal
permit to do so.

cheers,
Martin