2011/5/29 Borbus <bor...@gmail.com>:
> I think a much more useful application than those suggested already is
> to identify all of the bridges that cross over a way.  It's easy to find
> all of the ways that go under a way, but what use is that?  It's quite
> important for waterways in general to be able to find every bridge that
> will be crossing over your path, and it's also necessary if routing for
> a tall vehicle on roads.

yes, but you only have to modify the above query posted by Lennard
slightly to get the ways that cross over the way instead of those
under the way. There is no need for a relation, and it would not even
help to have these relations (because only a subset will be mapped
with them, so you still would perform a database check if this
information was important to you).

cheers,
Martin