On 18 June 2011 02:26, Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think you're going to get clear answers about these specific
> cases. It will take a court decision to provide precedent rulings on
> such things.

Well the copyright side of things seems pretty simple, especially if
people are using CC0/PD, and if there is no contract with the end user
that also is pretty simple, as contract law also doesn't apply. The
only thing left would be database rights, but as was pointed out, it
seems CC is planning to waive DB rights in future CC licenses, but I
haven't paid much attention to this because it doesn't apply to me,
but I thought some of the current EU specific CC licenses waived DB
rights.

> And this is not a problem specific to ODbL. Even CC licenses have
> unresolved problems, like a question I thought of regarding how a
> person in country A will be able to use a work released under a CC
> license that was ported to country B. Should the person in country A
> follow provisions in CC-license-ported-to-B even if that doesn't apply
> to his jurisdiction? Can he use the work in CC-license-ported-to-A? Or
> can he revert to the unported CC license?

You are assuming CC licenses are the only issue, what about tiles
published under CC0/PD, none of the above would apply.