On 25.07.2011 09:47,  Fabian Schmidt wrote:
Am 23.07.11 schrieb Michael Kugelmann:
I for my personnal view think that's way too slow for current demands: we should see at least a daily update for the demands of the current work which is necessary to replace ways. Is there a way to speed up e.g. by getting closer to the main database or so?

On Saturday the update to the recent full planet dump finished, so the data is now from June.

A speed up depends on the way the diffs work. Can sbd. tell me whether the daily/hourly/minutely diffs contain all changesets of the day/... or only the last version per object?

to do a clarification and to avoid possible misunderstandings:
I'm happy that some persons spend a lot of effort on tools like Fabian did.
But from my personal point of view such tools could/should be provided by the foundation and therefor located within the "official OSM servers" with a very close link to the database. I would be happy if the whole licence change to OBDL would be finished soon. But therefor in the current phase of reconciliation we need appropriate tools, in that special case fast tools who give a quick response on the work.

Once more: my original email was a question/request to the foundation and/or server admins. Please set up a (almost) realtime tool/server or support Fabian to get his server on "realtime mode".
Maybe further technical discussions should move to the dev list.

Best regards,
Michael.