2011/8/26 Anthony <o...@inbox.org>:
>> yes, this clarifies the gift, but still I think that board members
>> indeed do have to act within the best interest of OSMF and OSM as a
>> whole (whatever this is, asuming good faith).
> All the time?

of course, as long as they are a board member and maybe in some
concerns also for the time after.

>> IMHO if you are a board
>> member you can't act as a private individual when it comes to stuff
>> concerning the OSMF.
> "concerning the OSMF" is awfully broad, as is "act as a private
> individual".  Are you really suggesting that a board member is acting
> other than as a private individual when s/he does something which
> affects the OSMF?

how can you state the opposite? Of course they keep beeing individuals
(and btw. are working unpaid in their spare time so maybe some kind of
"private" could also be interpreted, I am not a native speaker), but
they are at the same time representatives of the OSMF.

> Is a board member acting as an agent of the OSMF
> every time s/he edits OSM,

not sure if this matters, as OSMF declared not to deal with
mapping/tagging besides copyright infringement

> or throws a mapping party
>, or lets someone
> borrow his computer in order to edit, or drives someone to SOTM?

I'd say yes, but doesn't matter either

> Or
> is there something else this board member is acting as, other than as
> a private individual or as an agent of the OSMF?

what do you suggest?

Cheers,
Martin