On 15/12/2011 13:17, David Groom wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jean-Marc Liotier" <j...@liotier.org>
To: <talk@openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:59 AM
But what if the source changes ? When I use high-resolution imagery to improve areas formerly mapped from low-resolution imagery, I change the source tag - i.e. from "Yahoo low resolution satellite" to "Microsoft Bing satellite". Since my edit is correlated with a change of source, shouldn't it be considered a break from being a derivative ?
Yes it should be considered a break, because in that case you know what the
source for moving the nodes was.
Good. Now do the license change impact auditing tools currently take that into account ? Should they only take the object's source tag into account or also mention of a source in the changeset commit comment ?