On 12/20/2011 09:35 PM, john whelan wrote:
I suspect Oracle isn't very good at installing Java under windows. When
I attempt to run Osmosis I get Java as an unknown.  Looking at Osmosis I
get the impression that I can feed it a parameter to tell it where Java
is located but I haven't been able to spot the appropriate bit of
documentation.

I'm trying to experiment with PBF files, and although I have a fair bit
of experience programming I must confess much of that was in assembler
etc. and not in Java.  Could someone point me to some documentation please.

<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Beginners_Guide>

---
m.v.g.,
Cartinus