I had the same situation in Zagreb, and I mapped it by convention, divided
the road where a platform appears. It looks like this:
http://osm.org/go/0Ismhve08--

My reasoning is that when we add more information (number of lanes, which
lane goes into which) renderers of the future will do a better job.

If you don't like that, the only solution would be to take that part of the
road and put another tag, something like platform=yes.

Janko