Hi,

On 03/07/2012 10:52 PM, Steve Bennett wrote:
To elaborate on "the Foursquare" argument: I'm suggesting that this is
a major test case of OSM data in "prime time".

Personally, Foursquare means very little to me; I haven't ever used them, don't have an account, none of my friends use it and I have never heard any discussion about Foursquare in the German OSM community. Foursquare may be "prime time" for other people but for me it is very much irrelevant. I perceived the Foursquare switch as minor news.

For me, those that adopted OSM much earlier were much more significant. When the German highest court put a static map of OSM on their "how to reach us" page, or when the White House started using OSM maps, that was big news - and it was at a time when Google was still free of charge, and when our map quality was much less than it will be after the license change.

So forgive me if I cannot see any "test case" in the Foursquare issue, and I would be surprised if anyone else did! Plus, as I and others have said, they're grown-ups and they must have been aware of the looming change.

Bye
Frederik