On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Elena ``of Valhalla''
<elena.valha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Are there any news on a date when we can expect that any data that
> is going to be deleted is no longer in the database?

The most-recent update is here:

http://blog.osmfoundation.org/2012/04/05/license-change-update-getting-it-right/

> In one of the town I map we're going to lose quite a number
> of pedestrian streets and we have decided to organize a
> mapping party to recreate them (and add missing POIs etc.).
>
> The problem is that on the next week end we have a nice
> opportunity to promote the mapping party, so we must know the
> date before this wednesday (to be able to print flyers):
> do you think that 28 April would be a safe date, or is it better
> to wait until May?

I don't think that the update offers you a guaranteed answer.  In part
because mappers are still busy remapping.  On the other hand, perhaps
your mapping party does not need to be after the license switch?  If
before, you'll be replacing data seamlessly with fresh data.  If
after, you'll be adding fresh data in an area that is lacking.

The major scheduled downtime has been completed, so you could even
have your mapping party during the redaction process.  You'll want to
save edits often while the redaction bot is running to avoid edit
conflicts.  But that's good advice for a mapping party anyway, since
there is more likelihood of another editor active at the same time.
:-)