On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Is this behaviour of mapnik wanted? As I said: IMHO it is not pleasing to
> the eye to see the unclassified road rendered on top of the primary_link
> road. In order of priority, a *_link road is just below its * counterpart
> but above the next lower road (so primary -> primary_link -> secondary).

I would guess that, yes, this is the intention. The example you point
out is only minorly aesthetically displeasing. But if links were
rendered on top of unclassified roads, the situation of a link merging
into an unclassified (rather than passing through) would look much
worse. Example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2398828/scrot/link_order.png

Granted, links don't feed into unclassifieds as often as they do
higher classifications of road, but it still happens a lot.

--
AJ Ashton