On 29/05/2012 08:44, Maarten Deen wrote:
Ok, they don't name us, but I think "a leading open source map" does refer to us.

<http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/licensing/newsletter/201205/didyouknow/>

Sounds like they're scared to me. With them looking over their shoulders at OSM, it means their taking their eye off the ball. The best thing for OSM mappers is to keep on mapping.

   "we harness the local knowledge of our 60 million satnav customers,"

How are the village pond & footpath that's goes past it being mapped when their customers are travelling at 70mph on the nearby motorway?

Dave F.