2012/6/7 Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us>:
> I've only been involved with OSM for a short while, but I believe that
> imports do help.  I have fixed some of the bad TIGER imports but without
> them much of the US wouldn't be mapped.

That is an open question. Maybe there would be more mappers if all the
data was crowdsourced. It is much more fun for many mappers to be the
first to draw a road than to fix errors in apparently complete data.
But we will never know, what actually would have happened if we didn't
import the Tiger. Maybe you're right and there would just be an almost
empty map...

cheers,
Martin