At 2012-07-23 16:02, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
On 24 July 2012 00:52, Hendrik Oesterlin <hendrikmail2...@yahoo.de> wrote:
>> http://greenvilleopenmap.info/Airplane.jpg

Nice catch, Mike N. Finding a plane "in flagrante" used to be quite an achievement in the KHBBS days :)

> The Bing imagerie could be satellite imagerie, not necessarily air
> plane imagerie.

The area in the screenshot seems to have a higher resolution than
satellites can achieve.

Is this documented somewhere? Assuming from the look and ratio of measurements of the jet that it is a B737, the pic is at z20 (~12cm/pel @ middle lats). I was under the impression that all of the Bing/Yahoo/Google imagery was still satellite-based, down to z21 (6cm/pel). I know Google has spots of "UHR" imagery at z22, but it seems they were still referred to as satellite. I've seen individual county websites with very nice imagery described as "flyover", as though coming from airplane/helicopter, apparently on a contract basis.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>