On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM, Toby Murray <toby.mur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Robert Norris <rw_nor...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I think it's nice that the Royal Mail have chosen to use OSM for the
>> backdrop to their site for Great Britain Golden Postbox listings to
>> celebrate Team GB successes in the current Olympics:
>>
>> http://www.goldpostboxes.com/
>>
>> 1. I think a certain Attribution clause is missing[1]
>> 2. I think they are merely pointing to the OSM main tileserver
>> (tile.openstreetmap.org) - this doesn't seem in keeping with the OSM Tile
>> Usage Policy[2]
>>
>> [1] http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright
>> [2] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tile_usage_policy
>
> First reaction: Make sure everything near those markers is mapped
> well! (check for license bot damage?)
>
> I also sent them a friendly tweet. What are the chances that anyone
> will see it? :)

For what it's worth, there *is* attribution in the code that sets up OpenLayers:

"osm_mapnik":{"baselayer":true,"attribution":"\u0026copy;\u003Ca
href=\u0022http:\/\/creativecommons.org\/licenses\/by-sa\/2.0\/\u0022\u003ECCBYSA\u003C\/a\u003E
2010\n      \u003Ca
href=\u0022http:\/\/www.openstreetmap.org\/\u0022\u003EOpenStreetMap.org\u003C\/a\u003E
contributors", [...]

Something just seems to be preventing it from displaying.

Toby