On 3 August 2012 11:07, Peter Wendorff <wendo...@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
>> Moreover, having unpredictable mix in 'name' will degrade quality of
>> any navigational maps or geocoding.
>
> While I cannot say anything regarding your other points, and, to be clear, I
> don't oppose you in general, I would like to disagree with this argument:
> Having an unpredictable mix in name will not degrade quality of anything, as
> long as you provide the "languaged" tags, too.
Of course. The thing is, that we (overall Ukrainian community) do care
about having all three languages in toponyms (Russian, Ukrainan,
English), while the edit war started by silently killing Ukrainian.

Which brings another question:

What does everyone think if we go through all Ukraine and copy name
tag with Ukrainian in it into name:uk? This will be a huge
semi-automated task. Any opinions?

Eugene