Thanks to Paul Norman and the data working group completing some post-redaction clean-ups, I have been able to send the following recommendation to the OSMF board. I understand that they will consider this at their meeting on Wednesday in Tokyo. This, I hope!, will be the last in a series of checks and balances to ensure that the change-over process goes in a responsible fashion.

"The License Working Group understands that DWG has completed redaction runs and believes the live published database to be clean. LWG has also reviewed a number of cases and is satisfied that the redaction bot performed correctly and that all issues reported immediately after the main run have been investigated and properly responded to. It is therefore our recommendation that the license under which OpenStreetMap geodata is published be changed from CC-BY-SA to Open Database License (ODbL) 1.0 as per http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License/Implementation_Plan Subject to board approval, we request that a date and time be set so that key documents can be changed. "

Mike

Michael Collinson
Chair, License Working Group