Hi,

1) Is Apple using OSM data for Japan?

-> Apple is using little bit of OSM data in Japan. Mainly they are using
iPC data and original data by tracing.
That is hybrid data set.

ex. leisure=park
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=505426332819676&set=a.313949581967353.87430.100000569420263&type=1

2) If they are, I can't believe this is a correct statement.

I thinks so, Mr. Yamagishi should explain about iPC data and apple's
original data.
We have strong relationship to Mapion. I have already started to talk with
members of Mapion.

Regards,

from Taichi

2012/9/25 maning sambale <emmanuel.samb...@gmail.com>

> For reference:
>
> Shinjuku in iOS6 Maps -
>
> http://theamazingios6maps.tumblr.com/post/31930288525/shinjuku-station-the-busiest-train-station-in-the
> in OSM -
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.689408&lon=139.700825&zoom=18&layers=M
>
> I don't think Apple's Maps is using OSM.
>
> In addition, they also didn't use OSM in the Philippines.
>
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Pēteris Krišjānis <pec...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Sounds like nice smear from competition, except it can be truth and
> > wrong in same time - it's very old data, first, it's not all OSM.
> >
> > Nice try tough.
> >

> > Peter.
> >
> > P , 2012-09-24 23:32 -0600, Martijn van Exel rakstīja:
> >> From
> https://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/technology/apple-maps-errors-send-japanese-to-homegrown-app.html?emc=tnt&tntemail0=y&_r=0moc.semityn.www
> >>
> >> "The biggest problem with Apple’s map, Mapion’s Mr. Yamagishi said, is
> >> that much of its data appears to be drawn from OpenStreetMap Japan, a
> >> Wikipedia-like service that contains a lot of incorrect and outdated
> >> information."
> >>
> >> 1) Is Apple using OSM data for Japan?
> >> 2) If they are, I can't believe this is a correct statement.

> --
> cheers,
> maning

## Taichi FURUHASHI(MAPconcierge Inc. President)
## MAPconcierge satellite office at http://goo.gl/VgWD6 in NOMAD NEW'SBASE
## Vice-President of OpenStreetMap Foundation Japan with sinsai.info project
## Director of the OSGeo Foundation Japan
## Researcher of the center for spatial info. science, univ.of Tokyo
## TEL/Skype&Twitter&LI&FB: 070-6401-5963 / http://about.me/mapconcierge
## URL/Mail: http://www.mapconcierge.jp tai...@mapconcierge.jp
## GPS/GigaPan/UAV Shop: http://gpsconcierge.jp