Because of the time constraints the removal of the google links is quite
rough, however most (as in all except a handful)  of the links were
either old, outdated, or/and unused, as for example essentially all
links to old errors in Google maps based on TeleAtlas data, which should
have been deleted years ago. Naturally you can add back sanitized links,
however I would in general question why we would want to use google data
in our own documentation in the first place (that is naturally a
different discussion).

As for the rest Jeff Meyer has summarized it nicely.

Simon

Am 01.02.2013 18:57, schrieb Ilya Zverev:
> Hi. Regardless of that trademark business, I've checked Simon's edits and
> they mostly consist
of removing links to google maps, which contain empty "geocode"
parameter and them (and many other redundant parameters that editors
didn't bother to omit). Some of the edits are quite funny, for example,
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Essex_Way&diff=prev&oldid=861689
(removed a link to display kml with google maps).

> I cannot understand why links to google maps have become prohibited in
our wiki, but there are probably one or two meaningful edits and lots of
what can be called vandalism. For example, cleaning "Copyright Easter
Eggs" pages from links to mentioned easter eggs.

> So, I vote for 1) reverting all those edits; 2) explaining in detail
what is prohibited (what words, which links etc.) and what is not; 3)
editing wiki more thoroughly, so every edit could be understood.