I support the boards's decisions not only because of being consequent
(having elected them democratically) but because of good reasons.

Although I worked next to Einstein's office (90 years later after he
was at Swiss patent office :->) I'm not a lawyer. But I learned to be
cautious when there's a mine - and a nasty dance - field as others
stated here before, where lawyers are waiting alongside to make money.
I think there is reasonable evidence that not publishing the C+D
letter was a wise step to save money and keep options open.

For those who want to fight for freedom of speech I suggest to direct
your first anger and disappointment to the origin of the such U.S.
trademark and copyright wars (like Richard wrote in his blog)!

Like Yngve I'd like to suggest to calm down (but still commited), be
patient (but still attentive) and save time and money for better
reasons - unless you offer more than 5 pounds to a OSM war chest!

After all, Simon immediately communicated his actions after the
board's decision. Now let's wait what comes next after a lawyer has
been consulted.

- S.