On 04/11/2013 05:43 PM, Tobias Knerr wrote:
On 12.04.2013 01:11, Martijn van Exel wrote
[1] See my blog post for caveats:
https://oegeo.wordpress.com/2013/04/11/maproulette-challenge-lanecounts/

Wait, there's a pretty odd piece of advice in there: "do not include
merge lanes"? I would clearly count them towards the lanes value, and
have used this interpretation as the basis of my mapping and coding so
far (nothing important, but others may work from the same assumption).

There are several places in the wiki supporting my interpretation.
Perhaps most obviously, this example on Key:turn:
http://wiki.osm.org/Key:turn#Motorway_with_links_and_destinations

[..]

We currently do not have a well-established lane tagging system, in spite of all the (partially contradictory) information on the wiki around lanes. So my proposal is to keep it simple at first, asking folks to tag simple lane counts for the main travel lanes as a start. My hope is that from doing that, a discussion about a sensible, comprehensive yet comprehensible lane tagging system will arise. (In my opinion, none of the wiki pages about lanes represent such a system.) Based on the outcome of that, we can revisit specific situations in a more targeted MR challenge.

--
Martijn van Exel