Maarten Deen writes:

I had a thought and looked at the "close open changesets" in JOSM. JOSM told me this changeset was not closed even though the changeset screen said (and still does):

Aangemaakt op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:37 UTC
Gesloten op: din 23 jul 2013 06:07:43 UTC

I closed it and now it is ok. Glitch in JOSM.

For me this sounds more like a replication problem. Data is available immediately. It's not related to closing a changeset.

Is the API delivering /map call responses from the main database or from a read-only replication?

If its the later than JOSM might need to be extended to evaluate a timestamp to detect outdated responses.

Stephan