Hi Jochen
I used your file without problem with osm-history-splitter and also
osm-history-import

With this tools i created an extraction of a region.
Now i used it also with osm2pgsql with this syntax

osm2pgsql -d osmh -u -m -x -k -S history.style file.osh

the file "history.style" contains this configuration

node,way  osm_user       text
node,way  osm_uid        int8
node,way  osm_version    int8
node,way  osm_timestamp  text

The import fails with this message

Reading in file: /home/napo/Desktop/file.osh
osm2pgsql: parse-xml2.c:101: StartElement: Assertion `xlon' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I don't know if this is my fault or from the file

Thanks

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Jochen Topf <joc...@remote.org> wrote:
> Due to popular demand I have made a planet file with full history available at
> http://data.openstreetmapdata.com/planet-history-2013-11-02.osh.pbf
> The file has about 37 GB, it's MD5 is 22169f0f997391b090df546769eb2357.
>
> This was generated from the last official history and all the daily diffs
> until two days ago. THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL HISTORY FILE.
>
> I haven't tested it or verified that my code that generates this is doing the
> right thing, so no guarantees. (On the other hand there is not much to it,
> really, just collect all the objects in the planet and change files and put
> them in the right order.) Apply reasonable caution when using it.
>
> If there is demand I can make a osm.bz2 version available, too.
>
> Jochen
> --
> Jochen Topf  joc...@remote.org  http://www.jochentopf.com/  +49-721-388298

Maurizio "Napo" Napolitano