On 03/03/2014, Dave F. <dave...@madasafish.com> wrote:
> On 28/02/2014 00:41, moltonel 3x Combo wrote:
>> Once again : sharing nodes is fine, nobody should give out to you if
>> you initially share nodes between a highway and a park. But it's just
>> an approximation/simplification; not sharing nodes (and giving the
>> park its actual shape) is better. And people are entitled to give out
>> if you glue road to a park that was previously accurately mapped.
>
> Could you clarify what you mean by "give out"?

Complain to the contributor. Say "you're doing it wrong". Angrily and
immediately correct the mistake.

> To me, it appears in the first part of your comment you're saying once
> it's been mapped as shared nodes it shouldn't be improved by separating
> them.

The disambiguating word is "initially". I explicitly say that
separating nodes is an improvement. I'm trying to make it clear that
"glued vs separate" is a "good vs better" issue, not a "wrong vs
right" one.

That type of node sharing is not an error like, say, self-intersecting
ways is an error. That shouldn't stop you from advocating separate
nodes; just don't do that self-righteously proclaiming that yours is
the only way, as there are obviously contributors who prefer to share
nodes, and it's their right to do so... Initially :p