On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 08:41:06PM +0000, Jonathan Bennett wrote:
> On 05/03/2014 20:30, Richard Z. wrote:
> >despite beeing sometimes tricky I still consider it pretty important to know
> >that a certain area is eg part of the tundra climate, permafrost or monsoon.
>
> ...and as I said, five messages ago:
>
> "The main OSM database only stores relatively permanent features.
> That's not to say that this information isn't useful and valuable,
> just that the main OSM database isn't the right place to store it."

what exactly is not "relatively permanent" about a permafrost region?
The permafrost has been there since the last ice age and maybe longer,
the very name says it.

Is the OSM database the right place to store bus routes that change
twice a year or whenever there is an accident blocking the particular
road? Opening hours of the shop next door which may change every day?
All of that is in progress.

Richard