Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
Not everywhere our map is superior to Google's.
But in places where we are mapping fine detail that Google has no idea about we are ... In my area of the UK Google has large blank areas where OSM has all the footpaths and roadways that are needed simply to navigate to many local businesses. Only OSM mapping takes you to the correct location ... In places even OS does not have the correct current details so the 'commercial users' have no real chance of being up to date. Since the current licence now fills in holes that previously existed that data is 'safe' from being simply harvested for commercial use? And routing programs that use the OSM data have an advantage.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL