On Friday 15 August 2014, Kevin Bullock wrote:
> [...] DigitalGlobe uses
> the entire constellation of 6 satellites to map the world. True there
> are many "task orders" we fulfill but the larger mission is to map
> the world. We can generally do this on an annual basis.

That is a bold claim considering an estimated 1/4 of the world land
surface is currently without any high resolution coverage in Bing,
Google or Mapbox.

> With our partnership with Mapbox, the OSM community will start seeing
> this imagery through the Mapbox satellite layer; this will be of huge
> value for mapping new areas and updating OSM.

That would be great.

I think i mentioned this before but it would be really nice if the
Mapbox satellite layer provided information on the date of image
acquisition.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/