Sounds like an electrical contact wasn't quite touching until the back was
fully snapped on. I have had problems in the past with micro-USB cables, as
they get increasingly loose-fitting over time.

On September 7, 2014 6:39:49 PM CDT, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us>
wrote:
> I want to pass along a fix I found for no gps on my Nexus 5. Neither
> Mapillary nor OSM Tracker worked. Mapillary said it couldn't get a gps
> fix.
> After searching it turns out that my back cover wasn't completely
> snapped
> shut on one corner. Snapping it back in place fixed the problem. Just
> one
> little corner, barely noticeable. But once snapped into place, gps
> started
> working.
>
> Clifford
>
> --
> @osm_seattle
> osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  Hate cannot drive
out hate; only love can do that."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.