On 13/10/2014 14:35, Simon Poole wrote:
Hi Serge

I believe Alex Barth has identified himself as responsible for MapBox's
"data team" and I would suggest to Dave discussing with Alex if there
are issues.

The mapper in question has identified himself as a MapBox employee, the
correct and good thing to do, it probably simply needs a further pointer
to MapBox itself. We can't assume that everybody knows the background etc.

Simon

I was unaware RichRico was an MapBox employee. That makes me even more surprised the data was being edited: You'd have thought the developers of the software would be aware of it's limitations.

The reason I wrote to RichRico is because the software, in itself, isn't destructive. It's the misuse by end users that's causing vandalism. If it can be proved that vandalism is systematic (and I think it can), then the use of this software should be discouraged.

Cheers
Dave F.

---
is active.