> I agree with you that addressing is very important for a lot of commercial
> (and non-commercial) map users. What I don't understand is how a paid board
> would help us map more addresses.

Martin, Steve said "paid staff for a board of volunteers" not "paid
board". To me, this is a very significant difference.
This is not to say that I have any magic recipe to solve this problem,
I just want to avoid the spread of innacurate citations. :-)

I would say that having a common, agreed upon and shared goal is step
zero for success and a bright future, though.

Cristian
p.s.: at the moment my feeling is that we are GNU/Linux more than HP or Apple.
The GNU is important, because we are very often talking about licenses.
 (I am just kidding, in case you are wondering)