Hi Pierre,

There are probably many such cycle paths. I cycled myself at North Sea
Cycle Route [1], from Hamburg to Copenhagen, Chesapeake & Ohio (Great
Allegheny Passage) [2] from Washington D.C. to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
and Danube Cycle Path.

The map is always a critical item, as a speed of a bicycle and cyclists'
endurance are limited. There is not much margin for an error, especially
if it is getting dark, or if it rains, etc. Everybody uses a map
constantly on a cycling tour.

brgds
Oleksiy

[1] http://www.northsea-cycle.com/