Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone who is making an effort to understand how Nominatim database works.

When I try to pull about fifty locations into an XML file with a query by the tag *int_name* either from:

http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search/
or its mirror:
http://open.mapquestapi.com/nominatim/v1/search.php

it returns all but four locations. I tried to rewrite *int_name* tag for these 4 locations. Tried to rewrite again, while making sure that I use English characters. It does not help.

But when I pull these objects with combination with their respective city name, it returns them all right. I am trying to figure out the reason of this issue for several weeks already.

Perhaps it will just take some time to understand how Nominatim database works. It seems that it is not that simple as an SQL query to say MySQL database. The Nominatim database should be very big, and there could be some limitations, or delays, ...

brgds
Oleksiy