On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Guillaume Pratte <
guilla...@guillaumepratte.net> wrote:

> ## Splitting .osm files for the HOT Tasking Manager
>
> We are planning to use the HOT Tasking Manager for our import. To ease
> importing the generated .osm dataset into JOSM (for manual reconciliation
> with OSM data), we had to write a script that splits the .osm files into a
> series of sub-files, one per sub-task. Essentially the .osm file is
> split-up according to a grid defined in JSON format. This allows to see in
> JOSM only the part of the data for the task, instead of having to download
> the data for the whole city. Code is available here:
>
>  https://github.com/OsmQc/mtl2osm/blob/master/mtl2osm/osm_grid_splitter.py
>
> I hope these tools can be of benefit to the OpenStreetMap community. Do
> not hesitate to reply if you have any question. I know the documentation on
> these tools is not 100% complete, so I'll certainly post more details if
> there is interest in them.

Thanks - this is just what I've been looking for. We wrote a clunky python
script but yours looks much more elegant. I'll give it a try in the next
week or so when I get finished cleaning up some buildings and addresses.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us