Hi,

On 03/03/15 07:43, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> +1 for process /and/ a limit (e.g. 6 per year).
>
>  An osm community process could also help improve the survey questions:
> often the ones out the gate have horrid flaws.

Yes, too often researchers are unwilling to engage with their "subject"
directly, preferring to watch from the outside - some might even believe
that academic rigour requires it. I remember that Pascal Neis who has
produced an interesting body of (Open Access) OSM research once told me
that his impartialness as a researcher was occasioanlly questioned due
to his personal involvement with OSM.

I agree that some well defined process which might include an oversight
rule for the OSMF would be good. Muki's code which Richard Weait has
linked to is excellent (requiring, among other things, that the
researcher does some mapping, discusses his findings with the community
to avoid mistakes in interpretation, and publishes their work in Open
Access journals).

Bye
Frederik

PS: Researcher who triggered this particular thread has been politely
asked to stop by DWG, and has since apologised and stopped.