On 2015-04-09 16:29, Volker Schmidt wrote:
From: Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com>

but "what does this combination of tags mean for bicycles".

IMHO it says there is a bicycle lane, but you cannot use it by bike
(as you
can't use any of the lanes by bike, including those for cars).

I beg to differ.

My reasoning was in analogy to a street with compulsory-use cycle
lanes

with tags like:

highway=residential|....

bicycle=no

cycleway=lane

example: http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/7036100 [1]

I am with Martin on this and I think that is a perfect example of how not to map it.

From the cycleway wikipage:
A cycle lane is an inherent part of the road itself.

So setting anything globally for the road means it is also implied for the cyclelane. If you set bicycle=no for a road that has cycleway=lane and you want to allow bicycles on that lane, you should add cycleway:bicycle=yes to it.

Analogous to oneway=no and oneway:bicycle=yes if bicycles are allowed two-way.

Maarten