On Thu, May 07, 2015 at 12:49:40PM +0100, SomeoneElse wrote:

> This page is an excellent example of what can go wrong with the OSM wiki.

Yet another example why the wiki needs some love.

> If "random" edits like this are allowed to continue*** it'll devalue the
> wiki even more as a resource.  I'm not a wiki admin, but I'm sure that those
> who are are well aware of this problem and I would hope they are already
> considering what to do here.

Random edits should be allowed. Maybe edits without summary should be
forbidden and deliberately misleading comments punished.
More people should watch new pages,
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:NewPages
is not exactly obvious to find. If it does not help it could be mandatory
for new pages to have some categories which would help people to watch
what they are interested in.

Do we really need
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=POI:Loblaws&redirect=no ????

One issue that I have -
   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
displays only the changes for the last few minutes and I don't
see any setting to change that?

Richard