> And i think there are a lot of other areas in OSM that represent at least as
> efficient (and therefore damaging) means of cultural imperialism as remote
> mapping.

Acting as devil's advocate, I have a quick question - are you 100% sure
that you are not overthinking stuff? I see discussion after discussion
which delve into grand topics like diversity, freedom from proprietary
software/services, freedom from corporations, now this thing with remote
mappers robbing local people of something deep and profound...

Don't you think you're over-analyzing everything a bit too much
recently? I mean, wouldn't the energy be better spent?

Just checking. I may be wrong, in which case, please do carry on...

Paweł