If we can separate the flow direction discussion from the routing, the latter
becomes a more generic "routing through areas"  problem which has been
discussed before in the context of pedestrian routing. The idea being that it
should be possible to construct a routing engine to take you from any point on
an edge of a polygon to any other such point, while remaining within the
polygon boundary.
An alternative is a full mesh network, where every possible entry node is
directly connected to every possible exit node.
--colin