>> or you simply read the information in wikidata/wikipedia.
>
> given that even the street of the seven churches around here ("via delle
> sette chiese") doesn't have its own WP/Wikidata article yet (although
> referenced a lot, e.g. here:
> https://it.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giro_delle_Sette_Chiese ), I don't think we
> should assume that every street will get its wikidata entry.

Original research needs to be stored somewhere. I have something of an
aversion to wikipedia simply because work we did a few years back kept
being deleted as 'not noteworthy' or simply 'rejected'. OSM is not the
place to document this sort of research, that is the sort of material
that SHOULD be in wikipedia and cross referenced by wikidata especially
where the sources need to be identified. There needs to be proper
cooperation and it easier now to create the missing pages in wikipedia,
which can then be linked to OSM. Keep each project to what it is good at
and sort out procedures that direct information to the right boxes.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL