On Thursday 13 August 2015 08:22:59 Maarten Deen wrote:
> Is there a tool available to search for the history of items in a
> specific area? OSM History Viewer only works if you have the id of an
> object. I don't know if OWL can do it because it is offline.
> I don't have the id for the node, I just know something was there and
> has been deleted at some point.

I think you may be looking for WhoDidIt:
http://simon04.dev.openstreetmap.org/whodidit/

--

The field "from" of an email is about as reliable as the address written on the
back of an envelope.

Use OpenPGP to verify that this message is sent by me. You can find my public
key in the public directories, like pool.sks-keyservers.net.