I'd like to recommend OpenHistoricalMap.org (OHM) which will welcome
all types of historical, disused and abandoned features. Please, go
add every abandoned railway to OHM, and then together we can
eventually get an accurate map of 1880s railway network compared to a
1940's, compared to yesterdays world!

Tim