On 30/11/15 14:28, Ian Dees wrote:
> so could we maybe let this thread die?

The Abu Dhabi perhaps shows a better understanding of the problems of
managing addresses than the w3w project? But I've not looked to see if
OSM is picking up on that initiative yet. Certainly since it is in
effect a local postcode system it would be more appropriate to be using
with OSM data ... especially since it is adding the missing names to
many of the new roads in the area as well as giving a smartcode tag
which can be converted to a rough geo location.

It's not clear from the citymetric article if the smartcode goes down to
individual postal addresses, or just the building?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL