On 15/12/15 18:05, Eugene Alvin Villar wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 1:36 AM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us
> <mailto:cliff...@snowandsnow.us>> wrote:
>
>     My adding the wikipedia tag to the original Starbucks store...
>
> I disagree with this tagging. You only tag wikipedia=* if the Wikipedia
> article and the OSM object refers to the same thing. The Wikipedia
> article is about the company/brand and not about the original store even
> though the article would certainly mention the store (as part of the
> company's history).

Just to expand this, a website URL should also only link to a particular
branch and most corporate websites have a 'store finder' which provides
that link. Certainly the wikipedia link should follow the same
convention. The store link if well implemented will provide all of the
extra data that some people think should be added directly to the
database and the Starbucks finder is a particularly good example!

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL