> Op 8 jan. 2016, om 03:58 heeft Wuzzy <wuz...@mail.ru> het volgende geschreven:
>

> I was wondering if there is some standalone application (preferable for
> PC) to view OSM data as a map, but dynamically and locally (not
> from some random computer on the Internet) rendered.
> [….]
>
> I should give some examples:
> The program could have a checkbox somewhere to toggle country borders.
> So you click the checkbox and they disappear. Or you could have a map
> where only lanterns or whatever are displayed. Or a map where only the
> surface or landuse types are rendered. Etc. etc. Everything should be
> created dynamically.

As the developer of openpoimap [1] I have thought about that but skipped the
idea soon.
It would mean that you should have a checkbox for EVERY possible key in the OSM
database. There are about 50.000 different keys!
Where do I put all those 50.000 checkboxes?

But with openpoimap you could use the UserPois function to switch on many
different keys. E.g. you would like to show all tracktype=grade4 roads in a
certain area. Type that value into the User POIs field and click on show. Be
careful, sometime it takes a lot of time to render all the results!

Marc.

[1] http://openpoimap <http://openpoimap/>.org