On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:

> > But the idea that facts indexed by Google could be tainted is a
> > stretch. It's not something they've tried to claim, it would be a
> > tenuous legal argument, and it doesn't make much sense. I think this
> > is a case where practical judgment must outweigh theoretical concerns.
> They have at least historically made noises about 3rd parties (aka MS)
> using their search results.

In this case, though, Microsoft was actually directly copying Google's
search results, and directly admitted to it.
http://searchengineland.com/google-bing-is-cheating-copying-our-search-results-62914

That situation is actually closer to being analogous to taking a copy of
Walden and crossing out Henry David Thoreau's name and writing in your own.