On 2016-01-21 23:16, Paul Norman wrote:
On 1/21/2016 1:44 PM, Clifford Snow wrote:

When we are done cleaning up Starbucks, we'll still have at least one Starbucks with a wikipedia link, the original store

But this won't be a link to the Starbucks article, but instead the
specific one on that notable store.

I still believe that Nominatim should give back results based on bbox regardless of wikipedia for certain features. In this case, amenity=cafe.

If you want results only within a bounding box, set that parameter
when querying Nominatim. See
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim#Parameters for
documentation on Nominatim, or as an example,

-
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?format=xml&bounded=1&viewbox=-123.1%2C50.2%2C-122.7%2C50.1&q=Starbucks
for a query with few results and
-
http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?format=xml&bounded=1&viewbox=-123.1%2C55.2%2C-122.7%2C55.1&q=Starbucks
for a query with no results.

How do I enter that on the OSM map page? I can search for "Burger King, Netherlands", but the results returned look to me randomly sorted. An option "near location" would be so enourmously wonderful. And then not "only in boundingbox", but showing nearest results first and distant results last. And that is what I would expect as default from a search on a map when I enter a location.

Regards,
Maarten