They don't seem to cut the image, as the problem seems to come from mapbox directly.

I think that sending now a copyright notice to BK/mapbox would seem a bit premature and upfront. Give them time for the email to travel to the right person and to think/react for a bit. After some time then, maybe.

Cheers,

Benoit