I've wondered about it but doubt it. The Pokémon Go app needs to be in the foreground to work whilst we would want them to swap over to Maps.me (ease of use), Vespucci, OsmAnd or other app editors on occassions.

Best bet would maybe be some Field Papers thing?

--Jói

Þann 14.07.2016 11:46, Svavar Kjarrval reit:
Hi.

Now that Pokémon Go[1] is gaining popularity, people in general will
spend more time outside walking around with their phone in hand (and
some with mobile USB chargers). I'm wondering if there might be
opportunities for OpenStreetMap to utilise that activity to encourage
the gamers to collect (non-infringing) data for OSM while they're
playing the game anyway.

I'm not claiming I have any specific ideas at this point. Just wanted to
bring this point forward.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Go

With regards,
Svavar Kjarrval