Using colors like this is an excellent idea, however we shall not rely on colors alone as several percent of people cannot distinguish colors due to color blindness [1]. Besides, color blindness may develop with an advanced age, so no one is color-safe.

We do not hear often about color blindness as people tend not to speak about it. But in fact maybe up to ten percent cannot see differences between certain colors at all.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

brgds
O.M.