Hi Dave,

>> I've recently developed a Telegram Bot
>> (https://telegram.me/SearchAroundBot)
>>

> This URL is sending me to:tg://resolve?domain=SearchAroundBot
> & give this error message:
> Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the
> following protocols (tg) isn't associated with any program or is not
> allowed in this context.
>
> Same with IE.

strange, that behaves differently in my case. On my laptop using firefox i get
redirected to the webapplication of telegram
(https://web.telegram.org/#/im?p=@SearchAroundBot). On my phone it opens the
telegram application.

It seems that this is not yet the default behavior in all browsers/OSs.

You may want to create an account on telegram (i.e., on the web interface
https://web.telegram.org) and manually add the user SearchAroundBot.

This is some related discussion https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?t=9873

Best,
Federico